Thursday, April 25, 2013

Black and White with flowers all over

I made some progress on the Black and White wall hanging. Yesterday I looked all over the house for my supply of Steam-a-Seam for the applique, but couldn't find it anywhere. Finally I gave in and went to the Michaels down the street. They didn't have it either so I came away with Heat n Bond Ultrahold. It did the trick but not as easy to use as Steam-a-Seam. Also after reading the fine print, saw that you aren't supposed to sew through it. hmm. The giant flowers seem secure enough so I'm not going to have to make an emergency trip to the quilt store.
This is my first attempt at hand quilting! I think I'm going to like it but definitely need some more practice and a calloused thumb. I decided to just wing it like I normally do so hopefully it turns out all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment